Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wednesday Recipes

Today I would like to share a few appetizer options for you. My family recently started a new tradition on Christmas Eve where we make up a bunch of different appetizers and snack on them all evening before opening gifts. It works great if you have family popping in and out and is much easier than trying to get everyone together for dinner at the same time.

A favorite in my family that is now LOVED by my former coworkers and in-laws is my Aunt Mary's Hidden Valley Ranch Cheese Ball:
Ingredients:
1 pkg HVR Original Ranch Salad Dressing mix
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup milk
6 oz cream cheese, softened at room temp for 1 hour
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese, softened at room temp for 1 hour
bacon bits
Preparation:
Mix first 3 ingredients together; add cream cheese and beat well with mixer. Add in shredded cheese and blend; cover and freeze for at least 30 minutes. Shape into a ball and roll in bacon bits. Serve with Ritz or Club crackers.

I'm not a big fan of ranch, so I actually prefer this dried beef cheese ball.

A few other favorites:
Ham Roll-ups
Grape Jelly meatballs
RO*TEL cheese dip

No comments: