Thursday, December 11, 2008

Wednesday Recipes

I just realized I totally forgot to post recipes yesterday! I usually do a dinner recipe, but because it is the holiday season, I'm going to post a few dessert recipes that are easy and yummy! Two of them are bars that can be cut up and packaged as gifts!

If you love S'mores, you have to try this recipes from Hershey's. We have made these for the past two years and I'm pretty sure I could eat the whole pan by myself! They are S'mores Sandwich bar cookies and would make a great holiday gift; just package them up in a tin and you have a very nice present!

My awesome SIL made Hello Dollies for Thanksgiving and they were so yummy! They are another bar type cookie that you can divide up and give as gifts. I think bar cookies make much better gifts than a traditional sugar cookie and would be very happy to receive some myself!

My family always makes a recipe similar to this known as Seven Layer Cookie Bars. They are very good too and also make good gifts for those people you really don't know what to buy for.

SEVEN LAYER COOKIES
Ingredients

1 stick of butter
1 cup crushed graham crackers
1 cup coconut
1 pkg. butterscotch chips
1 pkg. chocolate chips
1 pkg. peanut butter chips
1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
1 cup chopped nuts
Preparation
Melt butter in a 9 x 13 pan. Add the next five ingredients in layers. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over all. DO NO STIR. Sprinkle the nuts on top. Bake in a 350° oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Cut when cool.

Finally, if you are looking for a different kind of dessert for your holiday dinner, maybe try out these Black Forest Mini Cheesecakes. My husband and I have made these several times and they are delicious!

No comments: