Friday, December 12, 2008

Thrifty Thursday: Freecycling

I'm still running a day behind, but I'll try to catch up today. We had some bad news at our little boy's 4 month appt this week, so I've been worrying over that and not blogging as much.

We have all heard the old saying "one man's trash is another man's treasure", right? Well, one great way to see this illustrated is the FreeCycle program. It is a free program with groups all around the country that attempts to keep as much out of our landfills as possible. People give and receive all types of different items by posting what they want to get rid of or need to find. I know a few people who have been able to get some much needed items this way. We have some furniture out in the garage that I plan on listing pretty soon. I'd much rather it go to someone who needs it rather than stuck in the ever growing landfill.

Here are some groups to check out:
FreeUse.org
Freeactivate.org
Freesharing.org
Sharingisgiving.org
Freecycle Network

No comments: