Thursday, December 18, 2008

Pumpkin Bread

I have found that baking and doing a lot of cooking is very difficult with a 4 month old, but I still wanted to do something nice for my husband's birthday today. I'm up at 3am doing it, but that's about the only time he and the baby are sleeping good and I can sneak and make something. I hope he will enjoy it for breakfast... It is a layered pumpkin loaf from the Kraft foods website. We first tried it a few years ago when it was featured in an edition of the Kraft Food & Family magazine and it quickly became a favorite. It's not birthday cake, but it is hard for a family of 2 to eat a whole cake anyway! Frugal, right? :)

If you haven't checked out Kraft's recipe website, I would really suggest you go visit and see all the recipes there. It is NOT gourmet cooking, but for a busy family, it is VERY helpful. Many of the recipes do use their products for shortcuts, so if you are looking to cook everything from scratch, it is not the website for you; if you are looking to save time, go there!

No comments: