Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday Favorites

Some of you who pass by my blog may not know much about me and my family, but to keep things short, we live in Texas and have a new little guy who is 4 months old now. I'm originally from Kentucky and all of my family is still up there, 18 hours away from us. Our son is the first grandchild for my parents, so the distance is hard for all of us now. One great program we have found to help out is Skype. We have downloaded the program and are able to make free video calls to my parents to let them see the baby on the webcam. It also allows you to make free Skype to Skype phone calls, so if you have someone you love to talk to, but hate using up your cell phone minutes or running up a long distance bill, you can avoid that with this program. I am very thankful for it when I hear the joy in my parents' voices when they see the baby smiling and cooing.

Another favorite blog of mine is Southern Savers. Jenny manages to find some great deals and help out with CVS and WGs scenarios, so be sure to go visit her blog!

No comments: