Thursday, March 19, 2009

Wednesday Recipe/Thrifty Thursday

One of the big expenses in making dinner is the cost of meat! One great way to save is to have one night of a meatless dinner (or more nights if you can). There are also many great vegetarian recipes out there now; it should be easy to find something your family will love.

Here are some recipes to try:

7-layer Meatless Tortilla Pie: I think that looks pretty kid-friendly/picky eater friendly.

Sweet Potato Burritos: interesting, seems to get good reviews!

Roasted Vegetables: would be a great side dish any night of the week.

Spicy Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup: not vegetarian, but can be just be using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth

Italian Vegetable Soup: sounds YUMMY (not vegetarian); I'm putting this on my to-make list for sure. I love soup!

and finally, my favorite soup, Minestrone Soup! I think this paired with a salad would make an amazing dinner.

No comments: