Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thursday Thrifty Tip

This morning I have been searching for a generator. We definitely want to purchase one before the next hurricane season starts because life without one after Ike was not good. I have spent too much time stocking up for freezers to lose it all again! I love coupons and discounts, so of course I don't want to pay full price for one! My solution to that is searching sites like Craigslist, and if you are a "local", Kingwood Yard Sales. I have already found several that are still in the box, but are being sold for a few hundred dollars cheaper than buying new! I have used Ebay to get a few things at a discount, but it is so easy to get caught up in the fun of outbidding someone and end up paying more than you planned. :o) Always be on the lookout for ways to get around paying full price! I think the bartering system is quickly making its way back so start making a list of your skills and look for ways to trade them for things you need!

Handyman Club of America

No comments: