Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday Recipe: Baked Ziti

We had a great dinner tonight! I love pasta and baked ziti is one of my very favorite dishes. Here's the recipe I used:

1/2 box Barilla Plus penne pasta, cooked (I know, but I didn't see ziti)
1 jar Ragu spaghetti sauce
1/2 lb lean ground beef, cooked and crumbled
8 oz ricotta cheese
6 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
Italian seasoning

Mix first 5 ingredients together. Top with 2oz shredded mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Serve with salad and garlic bread!

It is a very easy recipe to change; you can double it, substitute different pastas or sauces, or add more cheese or meat (Italian sausage would be great in it)! Allrecipes.com has so many recipes you can search for and adapt; I use it all the time! Here is a baked ziti recipe from there that sounds YUM!

I just found another Betty Crocker newsletter that is giving away a freebie when you sign up! Click below to join and get your sample of the very delicious warm delights!

No comments: