Thursday, March 12, 2009

Being frugal AND healthy!

I have heard people using the excuse "It's too expensive to eat healthy" and I wanted to do a post on how UNtrue that can be.

On my Target trip today I purchased Mott's Natural Applesauce for .22 a six-pack, Kashi bars for .29 a box, and broccoli and cauliflower for .50 each. I think that's pretty cheap AND healthy!

You will need to have a printer to print out some online coupons in order to do it. Target.com has grocery coupons listed on their website every week for different products. I had printed out coupons for 1.00 off each of the items I had listed. In addition to the Target coupon, you can also use a manufacturers coupon.

Motts: 1.76 each, used 1.oo Target printable, .55 Mott's printable
**note: I did not have any clipped coupons for Motts, but I always like to check company websites for printable coupons before I go shopping. I have found several coupons that way!

Kashi: 3.29 each, used 1.00 Target printable, 2.00 Kashi printable (those are no longer available, but you can get a free Kashi entree coupon mailed to you!)

Broccoli, Cauliflower: 1.50 each, used 1.00 Target printable

A great website that lists all the hot deals at stores all around the country is www.hotcouponworld.com If you register there, they do have all the current Target coupons on there and you can print as many of them as you want!

No comments: