Monday, March 9, 2009

Menu Plan Monday: 3/9

Jason is working OT this week, so with him only being home tonight and Wednesday night, I am not planning out a menu. I do want to make something easy that he can take for lunch, but I haven't decided what that is yet. We had spaghetti tonight, and I'm going to try to make baked ziti on Wednesday for our family dinner night. I got a recipe from the Kroger coupon printer and I am going to make it too! I'll share that instead of a menu!

Polynesian Sunshine Pie
Ingredients:
1 can (15oz) Dole Mandarin Oranges
1 graham cracker crust
1 banana, sliced
6 oz cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tub (8oz) Cool Whip, thawed
2/3 cup flake coconut, toasted, divided
1 can Dole Tropical Mixed Fruit, drained
1/3 cup apricot jam, melted
Preparation:
Drain oranges; reserve 2 tbsp syrup. Place half of oranges in bottom of crust. Top with half of banana slices; set aside.
Beat cream cheese, reserved syrup, and vanilla until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping. Stir in 1/3 cup coconut. Spread mixture over fruit in crust. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Arrange tropical fruit, banana slices, and remaining mandarin oranges over filling. Drizzle jam over fruit. Sprinkle remaining coconut over pie.

No comments: