Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thrifty Thursday: Make Your Own Cleaners

When I found out I was going to have a little one in the house, I started researching how to make my own cleaning products. I wanted to know exactly what was in the spray bottles I was using to clean my house. I found some good "recipes" online and I wanted to share one of my favorites. This is also better for the environment because you are reusing the bottles, not throwing away bottles and buying new ones.

All-Purpose Cleaner
1 cup distilled water ( I just used tap water)
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1/2 tsp liquid soap (Dr Bronner's is what I use)
1/4 tsp lemon or orange essential oil
Mix in spray bottles. Shake well before each use!

I found the soap and the essential oils in the organic/natural section of my grocery store, so check around there. I initially ordered mine online, but I know where to find them locally now so I will save money on shipping once I run out. The liquid soap can also be used to bathe your little one!

Whole Life Essentials has many other great "recipes" and many natural products for every part of your life.

No comments: